Service Technician - $1,000 sign on bonus after 90 days
ESSENTIAL Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recondition and repair equipment and components.
- Plan methods and sequence of performing repairs assigned
- Order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs
- Effect the repairs required in a safe and effective manner
- Ensure that all repairs are completed as assigned
- Ensure the cosmetic appearance upon completion as required
- Ensure all parts and materials not used are returned per guidelines
- Maintain the work area in a clean and safe condition
- Maintain good working records for the time, parts, supplies and outside purchases in repairs
Assists in work order opening and closing as directed
Assists in posting all labor as directed to work orders
Receive and distribute all correspondence and service information for the department.
Maintains control logs on all items directed by the department.
- All record keeping methods are followed per instructions
- All cost-related items are included in the job “jacket”
- Ensure all records kept are legible or in compliance with established methods
Maintain and care for shop tools, equipment and vehicles
All specialty tools used on the job are obtained using the methods established
All specialty tools used on jobs are returned to the original location in working condition
All tools are special equipment used on repairs are clean before returning them
- Handles all communications and other office equipment
- Ensures that all office equipment is clean and in good working condition
- Operates all company office equipment as directed
7. Communicate with others professionally
a. All communications with customers is conducted in a manner reflecting respect and honesty
b. All communications with co-workers is conducted following the "golden rule"
8. Safety Involvement
a. Participate in safety program and other company required training program
b. Handle other duties and special projects as assigned
The individual in this position should be personable, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent, and able to adapt to the forces around her—customers, suppliers, department employees, co-workers, and manufacturer’s employees.
• A technical school certificate or equivalent experience in mechanical repairs
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Strong mechanical skills
• Good communication skills
• Good, safe work habits
• Good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions
• Able to perform repairs for all major equipment systems
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and /or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
• Climbing, balancing, stopping, kneeling, crouching, pulling and are frequently required.
• Talking, hearing, and seeing with close visual acuity are frequently required.
• Crawling, pushing and fingering are seldom required.
• The worker is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Low Country Machinery is a drug free, harassment free workplace. All candidates must pass a drug screen and an extensive background check. Low Country Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.