Equipment Sales Representative
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
a) Assure Customer satisfaction.
• Know the customer’s expectations both today and the future
• Utilize the Salesforce to log all calls, leads, quotes, sales, lost sales, etc
• Adhere to the designated sales process including completion of all required documentation
• Work together with the entire team to ensure all of our customers are satisfied
• Accept responsibility as final source of non-sales departments’ problems as they can effect total customer relations
b) Maintain accurate, current, product, industry and selling skills knowledge on an ongoing basis for all related equipment and procedures.
• Attend all sales meeting unless specifically excused
• Receive, study and file for easy reference all sales and product material
• Attend all assigned or pertinent sales or product schools and help you teammates learn what you have experienced
c) Organize and manage his or her own time to ensure the highest possible return to company and its customers.
• Report all competitive activity in Salesforce
• Identify all new accounts and add them to the Salesforce for future action call, mail, telemarketing, etc.
• Quickly follow up on leads and report back to sales manager
• Adhere to performance goals set by management
• Participate in company programs as required by management
d) Understand functional product/service and company knowledge.
• Be proactive to uncover signs and symptoms that indicate the prospect has problems we can solve with our product/service/company features
• Develops and maintains a list of features, advantages and benefits for each of the products and sold as directed by your manager
• Daily update yourself on changes to manufactures’ terms, discounts and special programs, sales deliveries, valuations and new equipment arrival
e) Communicate with all levels to ensure that all service to our customers is taken care of and no profit opportunity is lost because of lack of communication.
• All communication with customers and co-workers is conducted respectfully, honestly and professionally.
• Proactively seeks customer and employee feedback, anticipates problems and responds promptly
• Provide the direction and leadership required to achieve professional profitability and customer service/satisfaction standards
f) Develop and maintain an understanding of the equipment industry.
• Actively participates in industry specific trade organizations
• Works closely with sales manager to understand and develop the links to other clients and industries
• Identify and communicate to Management market trends and new applications
g) Company Programs
• Participate on company programs as required
• Handle other duties and special projects as assigned
h) Equipment Demonstration
• Ability to operate construction and agricultural equipment
• Knowledge of “Tow & Show” concept and ability to properly demonstrate features of equipment
The individual in this position should be personable, enthusiastic, self-motivated, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, intelligent, and able to adapt to the forces around him—customers, suppliers, department employees, co-workers, and manufacturer’s employees.
• High School diploma or equivalent
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Strong selling skills (influence)
• Good communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
• Handle autonomy responsibly; self-starter
• Solid knowledge of the computer systems in use in the dealership and ability to use recent office software and other pertinent technologies
• Good understanding of financial principles
• Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
• Ability to handle conflict
• Willingness to adapt to change
• Ability to maintain a positive presence in the region
License(s) or Certification(s) Required:
• Valid Driver’s License and good driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves some sitting.
• Stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, and walking are occasionally required.
• Talking, hearing, and seeing with close visual acuity are frequently required.
• Sitting, standing, light pushing is frequently required.
• Keying data is repetitive motion and is frequently required.
• The worker is occasionally subject to noise and to temperature effects when walking through the shop, but this position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.